Welcome to this walking tour of Montwell Commons. As you arrive at each location, click on the audio button to listen to a 1-2 minute description of a topic that is related to the location. More detailed information on each site is presented on other pages of this website.
The tour begins at the Demonstration Garden at the end of the Clingman Engagement Center. When you reach the next stop on the tour, click on the audio icon to listen to a 1-2 minute description.
1) The first stop on the walking tour of Montwell Commons is the Demonstration Garden at the end of the Clingman Engagement Center building.
2) Walk to the end of the sidewalk by the parking area where the Greenbrier Canning Company was situated.
3) From there, walk across Lafayette St. to the gravel driveway
4) Now walk to the upper corner of the fence around the PSD pumping station to learn about the Greenbrier Creamery and the early flour mills.
5) Go across the grass on your left towards the gravel path around the Meadow, but stop where the sinkhole entrance is on your left and the Beirne Spring is up the hill on your right.